Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Decade That Was.....Being in Love


April 26, 2016 marked our fourth wedding anniversary, which obviously is known to family and close friends, so wishes poured endlessly. It is a milestone in any couple's life and I get it and we celebrate it alright. But what the whole world does not know is that we observe a different day in the calendar as our anniversary. It is May 22. Yes, exactly a decade earlier, we met on this auspicious day. The only regret is we should have met many many moons back. Well, could have, should have, would have. This is a rant by a besotted woman.

I have never thought in my wildest dream that I am going to meet the love of my life on that day. I, the introvert, snob, Miss. Know-It-All; and he the exuberant, high-spirited, down-to-earth, and the real Mr. Know-It-All. We looked as different as chalk and cheese. We became best of friends in no time. Soon we are an element where it is more than friendship less than lovers type. I was an addict of rom-com back then and all of them advocated to "play hard to get". As much as nuts I'am, I do not take relationship advice from anybody, neither movies nor books. I was 100% sure about my feelings by then; however, wanted him to do the honor of proposal. And he did. No games played. We are elevated from friends to loves/BF-GF. The first two years were euphoric and blissful despite me being constantly harassed by the hostile family members. 

But the fate has different plans. Hubby had to move to another city for his masters. We had two years of long distance relationship and that was hard on both of us, especially me. Being cut off from the family, friends had their own life to live, it was the toughest pace of my life. If I still think about those times, it  pains the same. Hubby used to make compulsory visits despite his tough University schedules and studies. I survived, rather we did. Only wizards and witches (Harry Potter) and vampires and werewolves (Twilight) were my constant companions in those challenging hours. That is when I started calling them my extended family. I digress.

It took us two more years to convince respective parents for the wedding. However, we were happy and content. We made  most of the weekends, and sometimes sneaky weekdays too.  I would like to call this our courtship period.

And it is only uphill from the day we said "I do". Marriage definitely has its advantages. Everyday has been great sleeping and waking up next to your loved one. It is not always hunky dory. We had our own shares of problems and fights. We both work on this relationship every day. Until this day we have not taken each other for granted. Our relationship is more of partnership. We are those two buddies who loves to do everything together. We have been called the best couple they have seen so far by friends and I have to proudly acknowledge that we are.

Thank you sweetheart, for putting up with a crazy person like me. I know I'm a hot-headed, reclusive, anti-social, judgmental, critical, and a total  bad-ass. I can completely be myself around you and nobody gets me the way you do. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. It has been 10 years and I still cannot get enough of you. Blame the gravity because I keeps falling in love with you again and again. Here is a toast to many more decades.

PS: Read my previous post here.

http://dreamsanddimensions.blogspot.in/2015/08/what-kind-of-man-one-should-marry.html

I know every one will go awwww after reading this, but hey this man is taken for another 70 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment