Thursday, June 16, 2016

Ugly Birds


A rant ahead. Our house is in the third floor. Except for a few initial glitches, we made a beautiful home from the crude and raw house. The one of the woes, however, is the pigeons. Firstly, I consider myself as a kind-hearted person. But my blood pressure shoots up as I hear the word pigeons.

As we both work, we hardly are at home. Because of them we had to close all our windows from morning to evening. If we forget to do so, they will enter the house and create all kind of mess around.  And once you reach home, it smells musty, stuffy, and kind of airless. I am a person who likes home sun-kissed and airy. I chose to be in third floor for that reason and we brave ascending 100 and odd steps every single day.

During weekends, they sit on bedroom windowsill and go gtttrr, gtttrr, gtttrr. No, they are not intelligent enough to choose only weekends. They do it everyday, but as I get up early and go it just did not come to my notice. They sometimes even rattle the windows fluttering their ugly wings. If I make my annoyance visible by banging the windows back, they fly off giving me a wicked grin. I swear I'm not imagining things here. And the filth they make on the windowsill!

I remember my father cussing at peacocks and how they ruin his vegetation in native. I then used to think has this old man lost it? The peacocks are so vibrant, colorful, and beautiful and how could he complaint about them? Giving him an irritating glance, I would happily wander off in search of peacocks to get that perfect shot. Now I clearly understand his pain and misery.

Though Hubby is sympathetic to my plights, I doubt he is completely able to understand my misery and deep in my mind I think he has a soft corner for these wretched creatures as I have never heard him complaining about them apart from nodding to my rants. Talk about the unsupportive spouse. Sigh...

So far, I have succeeded being a vegetarian, but I wonder if I can stay the same as I have this insane desire to shoot pigeons and have them for meal. And if somebody comes in defense of pigeons saying they are beautiful and poor, they will face my wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment