Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May Updates

Source-Google
I am unable to pinpoint exactly why I have been so busy this month. Month started with a pretty bad hangover and once again swore to never party ever again. Hubby and I completed a decade of knowing each other and the celebration is pending as mother-in-law was here for summer holidays.

Baby sister, "M2" scored really well in 12th board exam and I was overjoyed. Her stream was PCMB, yet she chose to pursue law. All extended family members including my parents are breathing down her neck to opt for medicine or engineering. But the little girl is so firm and determined in her decision, she has all my respect and awe. I wish I had the same maturity and determination back then. The one thing I still don't understand is this older generation's obsession with doctors and engineers. It is a middle class dream I agree, but has not the time changed? These young kids are part of "Taare Zameen Par" bandwagon. If a rebellious, opinionated, stubborn girl like my sister is forced to walk the normal path, I can only imagine the condition of other gullible, simple kids out there. This is one of those moments where I'm not very proud of my family members. Will they learn from their mistakes, ever? It is only M2's sister M1, hubby, and I supporting her decision and I really hope the the kiddo will be successful in proving herself.

This month also saw the starting of our new travel blog. I know it is extremely hard to maintain two blogs simultaneously. It demands most of my time and energy, but it is very important to us as traveling is the utmost passion we have. Yes, that blog is co-authored by Hubby. For now, I'm taking it very slowly, maybe one post a week. That would suffice for time being.

And I have brought a brand-new two-wheeler. The intention is to learn driving and eventually be self-sufficient. It was one of the resolutions for this year. I'm nervous and excited at the same time; nervous for the fear of failure and excited at the prospect of learning something new. This one thing I would not have done on my own but for the gentle push by Hubby.

We have completed "Quantico" first order of season 1, and I have written about it. And started with "Downtown Abbey", which we was in our list for a very long time. A British periodic drama and we are already consumed by it completely. Game of Thrones, season 6 is going alongside as well.

This month finally I was able to finish two books, the never ending "Game of Thrones" and "Angels and Demons". I'm lagging behind in reading and must and should speed up the process.

The movie front was good as we have watched the following movies; Jai Gangajal, Bhagee, Kung Fu Panda 3, Masterpiece, Kendasampige, Aligarh, Mastizaade, Kya Kool Hai Hum 3, Antz, Ghayal Once Again, Fitoor, Welcome Back, and Sanam Re.

Finally it started raining, Bangalore is cool and pleasant again. I just love this weather and longing to go for a long drive, which we have not done this month anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment