Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Month That Was April


It is the busiest month of the year. I was contemplating on participating in A-Z challenge. However sanity prevailed and I promised myself to do it next year. There are only two posts in the month of April.

It is sweltering summer in B'lore like never before and it leaves me dehydrated and too tired and drained in the evening. I literally had to push myself to do the chores. How I wish for a mango shower!

There was a reunion of graduatiom batchmates in mysore. I wish it never really happened. The venue was "Silent Shores" resort and food was nothing but crap. This one was the worst food I have ever had in my life. The organizer (a classmate) included 200 rupees to gift our WhatsApp group administrator without consulting anybody.  I was furious to the core. Everyone kept mum and I had to too. People kept telling it is not a big deal. For me it is. I work my ass off to earn and I dont believe in throwing money away on worthless things. The question of contribution was put forward by a friend a few days back and we declined it vehimently.  However, I'm happy to meet a few of them. The rest of the crowd remained in the same place where I left them almost 10 years ago. Growing old and growing up is clearly two different things.

This month we visited Hyderabad for our anniversary. Visiting Hyderabad was long due and it had kept on postponing for various reasons. It is really the worst time to visit the pearl city. We short listed a few places and not crammed it up with too many "To-do-list." The places were Birla Mandir, Hussain Sagar, Charminar, and Golkonda Fort. I get to witness my first "Sound and Light show" at the mejestic Golkonda. And how can I stop myself from buying pearls in the City of Pearls.  This time I limited my purchase to 4 pairs of cute ear studs. I feel pearl studs have a claasy look, a royal kind. Osmania biscuit and Irani chai is the flavour of the city. Temperature was soaring and it was a Zen moment for me to understand Bangalore is nothing but heaven.

We have started with "Quantico" this month, obviously for Piggy Chops.

I have not completed a single book this month, which I'm definitely not happy about. In the same way it was average on watching movies. The list goes something like this-Airlift, Jism, Jism 2, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Waazir, Romeo-Juliet, Ankur Arora Murder Case, Om, and Sahasam. We visited In-Laws and parents for Ugadi celebration.

We completed 4 years of married life and I sound too stereotypical in saying it whooshed by in a jiffy. As much as I'm happily married, wedding day was one of my least favourie days. Well, maybe that is for another post.

How you all have been?

No comments:

Post a Comment