Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January in a Glance


We welcomed the New Year in historic town of Hampi where each and every one stone has a poetry of its own. There is saying "If you start with something at the beginning of the year, that will keep happening throughout the year", in this case traveling. I am not superstitious, but this one thing I want to be true.

A promotion happened in the work front. I wasn't not exhilarated as it was long due. Nonetheless a promotion is a promotion. I am nominated for an award as well, which is an yearly event. I'm not complaining, so cheers to me.

I was absent for almost 10 days in the blog space. I have written a separate post. 

Despite the time constraint I was able to catch a few movies-Sigaram Todu, Yara Silli Silli, Taxi No 9011, Ranavikrama, Time-Out, Vajrakaya, Jazbaa, and Vastuprakara. My reading took a hit this month as I was able to finish only one book, Dead Center by David Rosenfelt.

When I was at parents', watched Kannada Big  Boss with mom. She enjoys it so much. I didn't have the heart to burst her bubble saying it is all scripted. As cynic I'm, I could only laugh out loudly for orchestrated emotional scenes. I'm not alone here, dad does the same, which infuriates mom to the core. To be in sync with that, I've watched grand finale and found out Kannada actress, Shruthi to be the winner (she was once upon a time my favourite actress though). Thank god it is over. I like Sudeep as an actor, but he started giving me creeps with his smart-ass, over-the-top hosting.

January is the month of "FAMILY" if I have to say in one word.

No comments:

Post a Comment