Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Year That Was 2015


Year 2015 is the best year of my life as far as I can remember. All I remember is getting high and being smashed after New Year bash and it is already 2016. None of my years have passed this fast.

Highlights of the year were two amazing holidays we took. A road trip to Gujarat-Daman-Diu. We did it against the advice of many well wishers. Hubby was the sole driver and it was a huge risk. We did complete it without a glitch and alive to tell the tale. A thousand things could have gone wrong. We avoided driving at night but for one day. Hubby drove 1200 km at a stretch from Daman to Bangalore and it is a tremendous achievement. Those 20 days flew by even before I could flutter my eye lashes.

Another holiday to exotic Cambodia and Thailand. It would probably etch in my memory forever because it is my first foreign trip and I'm doubly glad that it was for holidays. The whole itinerary was done by us, all small details were taken care of, thorough research had been done. After successfully planning and executing this trip, we are ready to take on another one sometime in the near future. The confidence you get from traveling is immense.

On the movie front, we have watched hundreds of movies good and bad alike. I am a big movie buff, is a well-known fact. This year we tried to explore Malayalam industry and astonished with their movie making. Two movies that we watched are "Bangalore Days and "Ustad Hotel." And instantly fell in love with Dulqar Salman. None of the movies have ever shown Bangalore as beautifully as "Bangalore Days." Hope to watch more and more good movies this year.

On book front, I have written a separate post.

I was able to meet college friends two times this year and we had great time together.

The most important one is ammamma bouncing back from post-TB depression. It was painful to seeing her depressed and not being herself.

It was joyous and peaceful year. Year 2016 be kind and let us have a happy, prosperous, and peaceful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment