Monday, January 11, 2016

Resolution 2016


I love making resolutions. It is not that I complete those at year end. There is an exhilarating feeling about making them. I am a butt of joke in the family for starting everything amid much fanfare and leaving it incomplete in the middle. Last year it was a little different. I stick to 50% of resolutions. Here is the things I want to do this year.

1. Read: Last year I finished 50 books and you may think I just shot my number up this year. Hell! No. Being the realistic person I am, the number is going to be just 50 this time. I am expecting to try different genre, even a Sci-Fi, my least favourite genre; however, Game of Throne series top the list.

2. Travel: I am contemplating on extensive traveling this year. I am not going to jinx by mentioning the destinations. I am a little superstitious in this regard because there are a few places I couldn't go last year when they are just a stone's throw away.

3. Write: Last year I updated only 41 blog posts, which is kinda okay for a newbie like me. However, I am aiming for 10 posts a month, so that I can keep my loyal readers hooked if there are any(pun intended).

4. New Blog: Yes. I am going to start a brand new travel blog. The idea was brewing in mind for quite a while. A few of friends asked why not write in your personal blog? This is my most revered place, where I would like to talk about my life, my love for books, movies, and music; and about topics I feel strongly about; and basically just me. It is only fair because I am going to write my travel blog in my name, not anonymous like this blog. 

5. Movies: As usual this year will see us watching a plenty of movies. I try to key down the movies.

6. Dance: I plan to learn Zumba as well as Belly dancing this year. Life is all about learning new things, in a way adding more exuberance to the journey.

7. Driving: This is in my "to-do-list" from the past 6-7 years. No, I don't want just the driver's licence, I wish to do the proper driving. I am shit scared of city's traffic, but have the confidence to drive on highway. It is high time I do it this year.

8. Cooking: I am an ordinary cook. I say this because apart from basics, I do not know variety of cooking. This is probably a year I don my chef hat and show my almost non-existent culinary skills.  Adding different cuisines is also on the card.

9. Music: Last year was not great on music front. I have a lot of catching up to do. I am hoping this year will be a melodious musical odyssey.

10. Declutter: No, I am not going to be on a cleaning spree. It is about decluttering many useless (for me of course) people from life. I have a very close circle of people in my life. Imagine decluttering. Sigh! !! I prefer quality to quantity as always. In this way I can spend more time with loved ones, the ones who really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment