Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rant

Do boys get jealous?

I am stereotyping here. They are human beings too and they have the same emotion. I know. I know.

I am not referring to the "boyfriend jealous" type here. Let me tell an incident here. Four of us girls met for lunch this Sunday. We were college buddies. Even though staying in the same city, we have not met each other for many years. We were in pub, ordering drinks, food, and conversation kept flowing. We had a gala time. But that is not the point. We uploaded our picture in a WhatsApp group which we are members so are our classmates. We got thumbs up and all the praise. It was next day my friend R messaged me saying two to three classmates of ours (mind you they are boys) called and asked all the details of the date. Fair enough. They are curious. I get it. But they made my friend a little uncomfortable by boasting we booze potent drink, our capacity is more (we ordered beer and vodka), and things like that. I just consoled her saying they are jealous and let them make more jealous. But it made me to think a little. It was not a competition in the first place. Why did they take it offensive? Is this because they are sexists who think woman should not drink? Were they jealous seeing us enjoying? And they have wives who will not allow them to drink. So they do it secretly without letting their spouse know about it. I forgot to mention the fact 
that all three of my friends are mothers. Either it is jealousy or case of sour grapes. Could be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment